Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gifts From A Fashionista




Buying gifts for others can prove to be quite difficult. I know for me, I tend to have a hard time choosing gifts but I have found a few items that seem to always be winners.








Scented Candles: Every women and some men appreciate scented candles. Choosing a high end candle is the best bet as the smells tend not to be too overpowering. Trapp, Jo Malone, Diptyque, and Tocca are very simple and subtle scented candles. Kai and Sage are always well recieved. Voluspa candles are elegant while being extremely affordable. Many of these candles can be found at high end beauty shops and Space N.K. has a very nice selection.






Bath and Body: It is generally a safe bet to give a gift that smells good. Makeup and beauty products tend to be a more tricky approach, but everyone loves more bathing products.


Laura Mercier has a beautiful range of body cleansers, body moisturizers, and body scrubs. The creme brulee scent is so divine that I often feel tempted to take a spoon to it. Kai, Molton Brown, and Caudalie also have beautifully scented bath products and lotions and are packaged very well.






Spa Treatments: Although I generally stray away from giving gift cards, I think that anyone would appreciate a gift certificate for a spa treatment. Spa treatments are not only relaxing, but most people generally don't make time for spa treatments so it is always received with great joy. Byron has given me a day at the spa a couple times since we have been married, and I will never regret or forget the amazing treatments I was pampered with. I often visit a great spa in L.A. called Shutters On The Beach, which is not only beautiful but well worth the cost. Bliss is another fantastic spa along with Burke Williams, Caudalie and Dermalogica. Nordstrom also offers spa treatments in many of their stores, and their spa rooms are very clean, classy, and quiet.




Gifts For Men: Finding gifts for men can be very difficult. Generally they are interested in gadgets that are way beyond the gift giving price range. Luckily the men in my life all love cigars, and I find that to be a very easy gift to find at a reasonable price. If I am going to buy clothing, I generally opt for a vintage t-shirt or a familiar ballcap. American Apparel has great simple hoodies that most men would find useful. Leather wallets are usually well received, especially with a gift card tucked away in it. For a more expensive gift, watches are never failing. Michael Kors has a fabulous collection of mens and womens watches that are spectacular for a fantastic price.




Gifts For Children: Babies and Children are by far my favorite to shop for. Nordstrom, Baby Gap, and H&M have some adorable designs for children. Janie and Jack has the most precious baby clothes and pumpkin patch has practical and affordable basics. With children, you can buy a couple different outfits without breaking the bank, and size isn't as much of an issue since they can grow into sizes that are too big.









Blog Archive