Monday, June 27, 2011

Look Flawless This Summer!

Image Courtesy: dreamstime.com


Summer is the time of year when we are the most exposed. For most of us, we can use a couple little tricks to help us achieve a flawless summer look!

Self Tan: St. Tropez products are fabulous to use as a base coat. I generally exfoliate very well in the shower and apply some St. Tropez with a pair of latex gloves. I maintain the color by applying Mystic Tan daily after my shower. The green undertone of the St. Tropez and the brown/red undertone of the Mystic Tan make an excellent combination and a very natural looking tan. For an Instant tan on nights when I'm given last minute notice and need color, I apply Rodial "Skinny Beach" tinted moisturizer. It gives INSTANT glow that washes off and has the added benefit of sun protection. This is especially beneficial for summer trips. Keeping the skin hydrated allows the tan to last longer along with keeping your body glowing, so don't skimp on moisturizer! I love The Body Shops mango body butter.

Wavy Hair: Summer is the best time to let your locks flow. Beachy waves are very sexy and pretty easy to achieve. Try Bumble and Bumble surf spray. Spray in damp hair from the roots down and scrunch your hair for two or three minutes! Let it dry naturally. If you prefer you can do a loose braid instead of wearing it down. Both these styles are casual and chic.


Pack Proper Necessities: Prepare to look fabulous at the beach by choosing a bathing suit that fits your body shape along with a color that compliments your skin tone. Pack a big floppy hat to protect your face from the sun and help you look extra chic. Big sunglasses are essential and elegant. You can wear a simple sarong or a chic bathing suit cover over your bathing suit for a bit of modesty. I personally love to wear a pair or beach appropriate wedge heels, but that comes down to preference. Bring an evian spray bottle or rose water to freshen up your makeup, and a small compact mirror. It's embarrassing to fall asleep on the beach and awake to looking like some sort of sea monster, so check in the mirror regularly. I don't mean to sound redundant but for heavens sake please wear sunscreen; or age like a Louis Vuitton bag, your choice.

Blog Archive