Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Vacation Packing Tips

I am going on a mini vacation this week, with my mom, to visit my extended family in Michigan.
Whenever I travel, I find packing to be a bit of a dilemma. Maybe it's because I can never decide which makeup and accessories to pack! Either way, I try to be pretty organized during the whole process. I wanted to share with you some of my tips, and if you have some travel tips, you MUST share them with me too!!! =)

First, I make a basic list on my iPhone or iPad. I don't have tons of time to be really detailed, but I add stuff throughout the day, as I continue to remember things I will need!


I find that it's best to think about what you will be doing at your final destination, and pack outfits accordingly. Since I am just going to be visiting with family, mostly, I won't be bringing anything too fancy (no night-out attire.)



I like to keep all my makeup, hair items, and accessories separate from my clothes, and in their own designated containers.

My makeup is categorized in drawers at home, so I simply transfer items that I need from a specific category into a zip lock bag. I use multiple zip lock bags, so I can easily put things back when I get home. (Not the most glamorous, but easy to manage.)



I keep my hair items, and jewelry accessories in separate containers. (My iPhone charger stays with the jewelry accessories.)




Last, but not least, is my carry-on bag. I keep it very simply, and take a large purse. I like to bring my iPad (so I can work), a few books, and my normal everyday purse items.


I usually book early morning flights, so, I always lay out my airport ensemble the night before.

Blog Archive