A few weeks ago I picked up the Sonia Kashuk blue blending sponge, which was supposed to be similar to the beauty blender (yet less expensive.) I found this blending sponge to be fantastic, except challenging to clean. I also picked up the Beauty Blender, which is much different from the Sonia Kashuk sponge. The beauty blender absorbs water, and fluffs out. This makes foundation application more flawless and dewy. The Sonia Kashuk blender is perfect for concealer, especially under the eye, but does not absorb water. This means the sponge is stiffer; always maintaining it's shape, and can be tough to clean. Ultimately, I feel as though they are two completely separate tools, and shouldn't be compared. There is no need to purchase both, but if I had to choose one, I would stick to the beauty blender. It provides both dry and wet applications.
I picked up the rest of the Elf brushes, along with Elf studio 2-in-1 sponges (set of 3). Look how happy everything is on top of my makeup drawers. =) I think I have enough sponges now!! =)
Image #2 Courtesy Of: swtest2lips.com