I have been a fan of the Moroccan oil brand for a long time. Moroccan Oil ($41) smells great, and really helps protect the hair against heat damage, when applied to damp hair. I wanted to see how the drug store Moroccan Oil/Argan Oil ($6) compared to the high end version, so I picked up a bottle.
The expensive Moroccan oil feels like oil, where the drugstore brand feels more like a serum. Both are equally thick, and both smell pleasant to me. I noticed that I use a lot less of the expensive version than the drugstore version, but based on the price difference, that's not a big deal for me. The drugstore version is organic, which is definitely a plus.
Bottom Line: I really love the high-end Moroccan oil, but if your on a budget, the Moroccan Oil/Argan oil (available at most drugstores) is an excellent alternative. Moroccan/Argan oil didn't make my hair feel greasy. It penetrated the hair shaft and left my hair very soft and silky.
P.S. I also tried the Moroccan Oil/Argan Oil shampoo and conditioner. These are also very nice, and ORGANIC and sulfate free!!! YAY
